Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sweetly Simple

What you need to know to get started on Digital Scrapbooking:
All you need is pictures, your own computer with a lot of memory (I started to save my files to cd’s because my computer can’t take it) and a photo editing software such as Photoshop Elements.
According to my research, Photoshop Elements is a great software to use. I am using an older version of PSE (3); this is working fine for me, for the level I am at.

My work & findings:
I have created my first 6 layouts (you can view them on my slideshow) by downloading papers, kits, embellishments to compliment by pictures from the Internet (for free).
Yes, yes there are a ton of freebies on the Internet!! And they are easy to find most sites will have a dedicated section on freebies.

There are also tons of free tutorials on the web. My friend Vicky (who happens to be a great designer and a published one too) pointed me out to this really great site
The Sprague lab a Little Studio of Scrapbook Alchemy:
http://spraguelab.squarespace.com/blog/
This website offers step by step tutorials, some are even videos tutorials.

Another great way to learn is joining forums. I just joined
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/ ….its an awesome forum with so much more. I was welcomed with open arms and encouraged to post my LO (acronym for Layouts) and there is tons of support. So I am working on a layout for the “scraplift challenge” which I will post in a few days.

My goals for next couple of days


1. Scraplift challenge


2. "Layouts ready for Web"-Apparently I am not resizing my layout for display on the web properly ( I just happen to bump into this information when I was getting the links above). So today at some point, when Megan goes down for a nap I am doing this tutorial:Resizing your layout for display on the web, PSF'06 #4

What Is A Scraplift?
A scraplift is when you take inspiration for your layout from someone else's layout.The inspiration can be anything - the layout of the page, the style of photo, the effect used on a photo, the kit, the colours, the quote - anything at all about the layout.Please note that when you scraplift someone's layout, it is polite to credit them with creating the original layout - even providing a link if it is allowed. Definition credit, godigitalscrapbooking.com


Wish me luck and happy scrapbooking!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Awe, thanks for the plug!