Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Getting things done

I' ve managed to get a layout done today. I really had to put my mind to it , it's not that I don't want to but because I just can't seem to keep off all the digi sites. The digi world is like your traditional scrapbook store, you just keep getting more & more stuff, it so much fun but my poor computer is taking a hit!

I downloaded a kit for free, some fonts for free, a template for free and yes also a tutorial for free.

Credits: Template 17 by Simply Yin, Dude Totally by Tia Bennett, font babykruffy and Myriad Pro.


The Goodies
I have tons of links to free and cool stuff but I will only post what I've tried out.

Free fonts: Here is a link where you can find free fonts, i've already used 3 from this site
1001freefonts.com

Free templates: Designer Simply Yin is amazing, this is my second time downloading her templates http://simplyyin.blogspot.com/

Free Kits( basically a set of papers, frames and embellishements that all match ): I downloaded "Dude Totally" by Tia Bennett from www.twopeasinabucket.com. They have 52 kits for free. I've been a member for a few years now, I love this website.

It is very important to credit the designers if you use their materials (even if it's free). Most of the materials you download will come with a TOU (Terms of Use).

No comments: